I bet you don’t wake up in the morning and wish you could spend the day working with an attorney to develop an estate plan. However creating (or updating) a plan is among the most important things you can do. Estate plans help you:
- Minimize possible estate taxes and costs.
- Ensure the property goes exactly where you want it to go and when. If you don’t have a will or living trust, the state will provide a distribution plan for you which may or may not be in accordance with your wishes.
- Give guidance to be followed in case you cannot make decisions for yourself.
- Appoint a guardian for any minor children and provide for any special needs your loved ones may have.
- Specify the type of funeral arrangements you would like.
- Remember and provide for friends, relatives, and organizations you care about.
By planning now, you also make things easier for your family. How wonderful it is if they know exactly what you want to have happen. The planning you do now is a gift to your loved ones. And it can create a lasting legacy for the LightHouse or Enchanted Hills.
Making a plan and have some questions? Would you like information about ways to include the LightHouse or Enchanted Hills in your estate plan? Contact Jennifer Sachs at 415-694-7333 or email@example.com.
Save the Date: Our next Planned Giving Workshop will be held on Wednesday, December 9th at 10:30 am. The topic will be Charitable Gift Annuities, a new offering to our donors in LightHouse’s estate planning opportunities. Guest speakers from the Silicon Valley Community Foundation will lead the presentation.