Celebrate the spirit of discovery and innovation of the aviation pioneers whose creativity made the dream of flight a reality for all of us. Join the LightHouse Youth Program on Saturday, November 22 as we explore aviation and flight at the Hiller Aviation Museum. Spend the day with friends as we travel from the LightHouse to the San Carlos Airport where we will enjoy a guided tour of the facility. Blind and Low Vision students will have the opportunity to get a hands-on experience as they learn about the history of flight.
Who: Low Vision and Blind Youth
What: Hiller Aviation Museum Tour
When: Saturday, November 22 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- We will gather at the LightHouse at 11:00 a.m. and travel to the museum where we will have lunch before the tour. We’ll return to LightHouse by 4:00 p.m., traffic permitting.
- Lunch: Students must bring a bagged lunch with them. A light snack will be provided.
- Meet at LightHouse for the Blind at 214 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco. We will travel to the Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Road, San Carlos
- Tour Time: 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Waiver: Each participant must submit a LightHouse Youth Program waiver form, if they have not done so for a previous event.
- Cost: $15.00 per student – includes museum entry, transportation and light snack. Though light snacks will be provided, please remember to bring a lunch with you.
- RSVP: For more information or to RSVP, contact Jamey Gump, Youth Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or 415-694-7372.
- Space is limited to 12 participants.