You may have heard of Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind. Now the LightHouse presents a Day Camp led by our experienced staff. This summer, the San Francisco LightHouse is offering three summer day camp sessions for blind and low-vision youth based out of San Francisco.
Each camp session promises to be exciting, educational and fun-filled. Before and after care is also available (see cost below).
Camp Hours: 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Child Care: for day camp participants only, is offered from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (computer/technology activities and adaptive cooking classes) and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (creative arts activities).
Space is limited, so register now! Attendance is by RSVP for an entire week of activities. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate single day attendance or drop-ins.
Application deadline is Wednesday June 5, 2013.
$175.00/week for onsite activities and field trips (from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) $275.00/week for onsite activities and field trips plus a.m. /p.m. childcare.
Each child will receive a LightHouse Summer Camp t-shirt.
Payment must be received prior to attendance. To apply or for more information, contact Jamey Gump, Youth Services Coordinator at email@example.com or 415-694-7372 or John Liang, Director of Community Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-694-7334.
Summer Day Camp Schedule
- Session 1: Discovery Camp – Science and Technology for Grades K-8 (ages 5-12) June 10 through June 14, 2013
- Monday 6/10: Lawrence Hall of Science
- Tuesday 6/11: The Exploratorium
- Wednesday 6/12: NASA Ames Exploration Center/Walking tour of Google
- Thursday 6/13: Lindsey Wildlife Center
- Friday 6/14: The Tech Museum
- Session 2: Urban Explorer’s Camp for Grades K-8 (ages 5-12) June 17 through June 21, 2013
- Monday 6/17: Planet Granite and Presidio Bowl
- Tuesday 6/18: Chinatown/Chinatown Ghost Tour and Dim Sum
- Wednesday 6/19: Kite Flying at Ocean Beach
- Thursday 6/20: Fisherman’s Wharf, Pier 39
- Friday: 6/21: SF Cable Car Ride and Tour of the Cable Car Museum
- Session 3: Adventure Camp for Grades 9-12 (ages 12-18) June 24, through June 28, 2013
- Monday 6/24: Six Flags Marine World
- Tuesday 6/25: Boomers
- Wednesday 6/26: Lands’ End Hike (walk the San Francisco Water Front)
- Thursday 6/27: Horseback Riding
- Friday 6/28: Santa Cruz Boardwalk