Job Title: Transportation Specialist III
Reports to: Transportation Manager
Society for the Blind is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a position of Transportation Specialist III. Our mission is to empower individuals who are blind or have low vision to live productively and independently by building confidence through training, tools and mentorship. Society for the Blind is a 501c3 organization serving Northern California, with a focus on Sacramento, Placer and Yolo counties.
General Description: The essential functions of the job are to operate Society vehicles to transport clients, materials and equipment to assigned destinations, to maintain vehicles so that they are always in good working condition, and to assist Society staff with various general office tasks. Valid California Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement is required.
Transportation of Clients and Maintenance of Vehicles:
- Transport clients for their scheduled classes at the Society for the Blind.
- Transport clients and or instructors for work related activities.
- Keep up the physical appearance of Society vehicles.
- Maintain complete and accurate weekly logs of driving trips.
- Submit reports on driving related activities which include but are not limited to client incidents, safety issues and others as required by the supervisor.
- Provide documentation to supervisor as needed.
- Attend all staff and department meetings if time permits with work schedule.
- Adhere to all Society policies and procedures.
- Stay current in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Society clients, staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as requested or as need is assessed.
- Clean driving record free from any traffic violations.
- Possession of a California B license with passenger endorsement issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Current on CPR/First Aid.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communications, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of, belief in and adherence to agency’s mission and vision
- A minimum of two years paid professional working experience in the field of transportation.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Sheriann Rucobo, Transportation Manager at email address email@example.com
Application’s deadline: Until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!