HOME HEALTH AIDE FOR KAISER PERMANENTE REDWOOD CITY FULLTIME, 40 HOURS
IF YOU ARE A JOBTRAIN CLIENT AND INTERESTED IN THE OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT: JASMINE BALUYOT 650-330-6430
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ON-LINE @ WWW.KP.ORG/JOBS JOB NUMBER 123404
The Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) is a member of the Home Health Team, providing direct patient care under the supervision of a case manager, reporting all changes in the patient’s condition to the case manager.
• Assisting patients in and out of bed and assisting with ambulation. • Assisting with prescribed exercises which patients and appropriate health personnel have taught aides. • Preparing meals, including therapeutic diets, and assisting patients with eating. • Assisting patients to the bathroom or in using commodes, bedpans or urinals. • Performing household services, which will facilitate the patient’s self care at home and are necessary to
prevent or postpone institutionalization. • Assisting patients with medications which are ordinarily self-administered. • The home health aide shall not administer medications of any kind. • Performing other activities taught by a health professional for a specific patient and may include such services
as changing colostomy bags, changing of non-sterile dressings, taking of vital signs and non-sterile bowel and bladder
hygiene care. • Reporting changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the supervising nurse or therapist. • Completing records regarding services performed. • Takes actions in emergent patient situations and immediately report to supervisor.
Documentation and Communication
• Prepares timely legible and complete documentation of all care provided. • Documents all communication with other providers. • Reports stated or observed changes in patient status to case manager. • Submits schedule logs changes in schedule and daily progress notes within expected time frame per agency policy. • Participates in care coordination meetings.
Planning, Organizing and Productivity
• Organizes, plans, set priorities and complete assignment within agency guidelines. • Functions independently with supervision by case manager for each patient every 14 days as needed. • Completes expense reports, time cards and schedule logs. • Demonstrates utilization of supplies.
• Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professional and maintains patient confidentiality. • Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities as requested. • Perform related duties as required.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications: • Six months of Home Health experience. • Experience in automated clinical information systems preferred. • High School Diploma/GED. • Completion of a training program approved by the Department of Health Services pursuant to applicable federal and state regulation. • California Home Health Aide Certificate. • Current BLS certification. • California Driver’s License. • Computer literate preferred. • Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.