Junior Blind of America’s Student Transition & Enrichment Program (STEP) will offer “Life After High School, Empowerment, Success and You!” for blind and low vision high school students, their teachers and parents. Space is limited.
Friday, February 3, 2012
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Orientation Center for the Blind (OCB)
400 Adams Street, Albany, CA 94706
(Lunch, refreshments and networking opportunities included)
Topics to be covered during this seminar include:
• Junior Blind’s STEP Mobile Learning Program in Northern and Central California
• Junior Blind’s recreational programs for youth
• Services provided by the California Department of Rehabilitation
• Independent living options available after high school
• What it takes to be successful from the point of view of current college students
• Mobile adaptive technology and trends
To RSVP or to be notified of upcoming STEP workshops, contact Richard Rueda, Junior Blind Director of Transition Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-926-9837. Additional workshops may be offered in your region upon request. Visit their website for more information.