The LightHouse is collaborating on a series of activities for the Adult Recreation Program with Siobhán Clancy, artist-in-residence with the National Council for the Blind of Ireland. Activities will take place on October 10, 17 and 24 (Mondays) at the LightHouse, and the public is welcome to attend.
Titled “Sound Letters to San Francisco,” the collaboration will include an introduction to sound art and creative recording methods, an interactive presentation of previous projects in Ireland, a discussion on work in progress with the Lighthouse, and the development of a proposal for future partnership on an art piece for the Please Touch Community Garden.
The proposed schedule for each day is as follows:
October 10, 2011 (1:00–2:30 p.m.)
• Introductions and Sample Recording (1:00–2:00 p.m.)
• Tour of Please Touch Garden (2:00–2:30 p.m.)
October 17, 2011 (1:00–3:00 p.m.)
• Recorded and broadcast presentation on previous artworks made by Siobhán Clancy in collaboration with people from NCBI (1:00–1:30 p.m.)
• Discussion on work in progress with the LightHouse (1:30–2:00 p.m.)
• Recording Activities (2:00–3:00 p.m.)
October 24, 2011 (1:00–3:00 p.m.)
• Completion of Recording Activities (1:00–2:00 p.m.)
• Discussion on future collaborations between Siobhán Clancy and the LightHouse (2:00–2:30 p.m.)
• Wrap Up (2:30–3:00 p.m.)
To find out more about Please Touch Community Garden, go to http://pleasetouchgarden.tumblr.com.