Division: Vice President of Academic Affairs (SJCC) San Jose Community College
1. Master’s degree related to the assignment, or the equivalent.
2. Three years administrative or supervisory experience in an instructional services or related area.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Equivalency: Applicants (including current or former employees) applying under equivalency bear the full responsibility of submitting by the closing date the District’s Equivalency Application in addition to the Administrative / Management Position Application with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) they believe to be equivalent to the required Master’s degree for this position.
Application(s) for equivalency are required for any of the following reasons:
1. degrees are not in exact discipline required;
2. degree is in progress;
3. degrees were earned at a college/university not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education; and/or
4. degrees were earned at a college/university outside of the United States.
Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
More equivalency information, along with the District Equivalency Application, can be obtained at http://www.sjeccd.edu/hr/Documents/equiv_form.pdf
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Information
Interested internal and external applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials BY THE CLOSING DATE to be considered for the position at https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. On the job posting, click “Apply for this Posting”):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District ADMINISTRATIVE/MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER
(Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees having the degree confer/award dates circled. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
5. District Application for Equivalency, if applicable (See Equivalency Information section), and additional materials relevant for equivalency consideration. Employees who were previously approved by the District colleges for equivalency MUST by the closing date submit proof of the dated District’s written equivalency approval.
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Kinkos, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
1. Only complete application materials will be considered (No exception for internal applicants). Application materials must include: a. ADMINISTRATIVE / MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION, b. COVER LETTER, c. RESUME, d. TRANSCRIPT(S) of degrees stated and/or required, and e. District Equivalency Form, if applicable.
2. Do not mistakenly attach diploma to transcript link, or cover letter to resume link, etc.
3. Incomplete application packet and/or documents received by Human Resources after the closing date will not be considered (No exception for employees or non-employees).
4. Applications not having all required minimum qualifications in education and experience as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section will not receive further considerations.
5. Letters of Recommendation are not required and will not be included in the application packet. Additional documents that are not requested may not be included.
6. DEGREES must have been awarded by a college or university ACCREDITED by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
7. FOREIGN DEGREES: Candidates with DEGREES and CREDITS earned outside of the United States must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with the application. Simple translation of the language on foreign transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
8. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
9. Application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated for applicants.
10. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
11. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure an interview.
12. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 223-6341