Department of Public Health – Laguna Honda Hospital is currently recruiting for two (2) full time provisional 1404 Clerk positions.
Under general supervision, 1404 Clerk performs general clerical work of ordinary difficulty and related duties as required.
Position #1: Activity Therapy Department
- Manage Activity Therapy equipment and supplies, assist staff, volunteers, and residents in the selection of appropriate equipment and supplies;
- Perform clerical and reception functions for the Activity Therapy Department;
- Post signage on the esplanade level of the hospital relative to on-gong resident activities and hospital events on a daily basis;
- Ensure appropriate storage of equipment and supplies;
- Maintain the Activity Therapy work room in an orderly fashion;
- Maintain the accountability of equipment and supplies through a reservation and sign-out system;
- Alert the Director of Therapeutic Activities of any misuse of materials, supplies, and equipment;
- Maintain inventory of audio visual materials and supplies;
- Analyze equipment for repairs, and/or arrange for repair as appropriate, and disposal of old equipment as necessary;
- Assist the Director of Therapeutic Activities in the acquisition of department supplies and materials;
- Consult with staff and Director about the replacement of equipment or acquisition of new equipment;
- Assist in the processing of donated items including transporting those items from the Volunteer Lounge to the appropriate hospital department;
- Arrange for the pick up of items determined as inappropriate for use at Laguna Honda Hospital by charitable community organizations;
- Assist with the distribution of holiday decorations to the Nursing units;
- Assist with decoration of hospital facilities during holidays and special events;
- Participate in department based and hospital-wide training programs;
- Attend and participate in department staff meetings;
- Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures;
- Interact and collaborate with representatives of other hospital departments for the benefit of the residents; and Perform other related duties as assigned/required.
Position #2: Health Information Services Department
- Sorting mail and checking-in all charts in QuadraMed Chart Locator upon return from mail delivery according to department protocol;
- Responsible for all chart requests, including special requests, using chart request slips and the department’s chart management system (QuadraMed Millennium);
- Checking Master Patient Index before delivering medical reports to ensure that reports belonging to discharge episodes are not delivered;
- Filing all charts from the Incomplete Desk basket twice a day;
- Filing all charts into the file room daily (responsible for reviewing charts to ensure that charts belong in file room);
- Filing all charts pulled for reviews immediately;
- Purging and shifting medical records in the file room;
- Requesting and returning charts to outside storage;
- Delivering and picking up mail from all mail locations twice a day (delivers STATS as needed);
- Delivering and picking up medical records. Checking with Discharge Coordinator before mail delivery;
- Reviewing overdue list to ensure that medical records are not out for more than three (3) days (refers all problems to Supervisor/Team Leader);
- Answering telephone calls;
- Handling all public inquiries and referring them to the appropriate staff;
- Making copies of various reports for departmental use on a daily basis;
- Sorting and filing medical reports daily;
- Performing light typing;
- Performing backup duties for the department secretary and clerk typist;
- Maintaining established production and quality standards;
- Participating in regular staff meetings as needed;
- Assisting with the training, coaching, and orientation of students/volunteers;
- Performing other related medical record duties as required.
|This is the journey-level position in the Clerk series. It is distinguished from the 1406 Senior Clerk in that it has no supervisory responsibilities, and incumbents perform work that is less difficult than that performed by incumbents in the 1406 position.
|1. One (1) year (2000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience that must have included performing mathematical computations, filing and public contact: OR
2. Six (6) months (1000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and
completion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR
3. Six (6) months (1000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and
15 semester units of coursework from an accredited college or university.
NOTE: One or both positions require the ability to push, pull and lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
|HOW TO APPLY
|If you are a current CCSF employee with permanent status in the classification specified above and wish to be considered for transfer or reinstatement to a position in the same classification within the department/agency for which this announcement has been issued, you must submit an Employee Request for Transfer form (see http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11618) or an Employee Request for Reinstatement form (see http://sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11617), along with a copy of your resume, to the Analyst, hadas desta, via email, to: email@example.com during the recruitment period indicated above.
City and County of San Francisco employment applications are accepted online only for this recruitment.
Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process.
Choose “I am a New User” to register a new account or “I have previously applied” if you already have an account established.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have questions regarding these recruitment, please contact the following Managers:
For positions at Health Information Services, contact: Louise Lee Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 415.759.3366; AND
For positions at Activity Therapy, contact: William Frazier: via email at: William.Frazier@sfdph.org
or phone at 415.759.5605
Please note, also, that computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
Verification of qualifying experience/education and/or training is required at the time of filing. Applicants who are unable to do so may submit a letter requesting a waiver of this requirement indicating the reason or reasons verification cannot be obtained. Failure to fulfil this requirement may result in disqualification from the selection process.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements for each position, based on the choice you made on the supplemental questionnaire. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Combined Promotive and Entrance
Issued: May 20, 2011