If you primarily or exclusively use screen magnification to access your computer and have experience participating in conference calls and webinars, please consider sharing your opinions and experiences in a focus group with the Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC) on Telecommunications Access.
The RERC on Telecommunications Access will be conducting focus group discussions via conference call on Thursday, January 27, 2011, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time, for screen magnification users. All of these discussions will gather consumers’ opinions and recommendations regarding “telecollaboration,” or conference calls that are supported by shared media or other online support for the call. These may be group meetings or webinars.
The purpose of the study is to obtain up-to-date input from consumers about access barriers and solutions. This input will be used to guide our center’s development work and to educate companies that provide tools for telecollaboration.
Each participant will be compensated $30 for the two-hour focus group. The discussions will be conducted remotely.
The requirements for participation are:
- Have participated in at least two conference calls within the past year.
- Reside in the U.S.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a disability that may affect accessibility of conference calls and computer screen information.
- Have access to a telephone line to call into a toll-free conference for our focus group conference call.
- At the same location, have a computer and broadband connection active during the call.
- Have a Braille or speech output device/technology to allow you to use the phone and computer.
- Be available for 2 hours of discussion at a time to be arranged with the RERC staff.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Paula Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-651-5049 for more information.