Transition Employment Coordinator
The Transition Employment Coordinator is responsible for general supervision of client employment services involving Work Adjustment/On-The-Job Training funding through the California Department of Rehabilitation. Assist clients by training them in appropriate work-related skills, attitudes, and behaviors, to eliminate behaviors that have been identified as barriers to employment. Assist the client in understanding the meaning, value and demands of work. Work behaviors and attitudes, personal characteristics and functional capacities required for employment are developed and emphasized. The Purpose of this position is to act as an advocate, educator, coach and role model for blind and visually impaired program participants. This position requires collaboration with all LightHouse departments and community partners able to provide employment opportunities.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES:
As employees, we should:
• Read, understand, and adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
• Conduct ourselves in a professional manner on and off the job, knowing that we are representatives of LightHouse.
• Perform all job responsibilities.
• Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward everyone.
• Communicate regularly and appropriately with our supervisors and colleagues within our own departments
• Demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to prioritize our work loads
• Consistently report to work on time and ready to begin performing our assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Work productively.
Education or equivalent: B.A. in business, human services, social services or
related field or comparable experience (see below).
Experience: Three years experience in teaching educational and/or supervision of adults in an employment setting. Experience working with the visually impaired preferred. PC user, particularly skilled in MS Office Suite applications.
Other: Bilingual (Spanish, Cantonese, Russian or ASL) preferred.
•Responsible for the oversight of Department of Rehabilitation clients receiving training including: participant recruitment, reports, timesheets, case-management, workshop designs and community networking.
• Teach and lead activities and classes as developed and assigned.
• Coordinate summer Business Enterprises Program/ Youth Employment Program (BEP-YEP).
• Coordinate Annual Transition Summit at Enchanted Hills Camp.
• Collaborate with Department of Rehabilitation on employment services.
• Development of new programs to meet the needs of participants.
• Attend agency staff meetings.
• Maintain consumer confidentiality and record documentation.
• Participate in new client orientation.
• Support and implement the policies and philosophy of the program and Agency.
• Monitor daily attendance.
• Maintain and update participant files.
• Take leadership in working collaboratively, on behalf of participants, in relationship with inter and intra-agency partnerships.
• Conduct Client Program Evaluations.
• Assist in referral and placement of interns into employment settings.
• Other duties as assigned
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org