Make a difference in someone’s life and turn your compassion into action!
Enrich the lives of seniors in the Bay Area!
The non-profit Institute on Aging has served our Bay Area community for over two decades, providing innovative and compassionate care and services to enable older or disabled adults to remain living in their homes and enjoying a high quality of life.
We are seeking an Office Manager to oversee and coordinate office and clerical needs for the multiple programs under the Case Management Services; supervises the clerical staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include but not limited to):
• Supervises and directs clerical staff, including the Receptionist/Medical Records Assistant, Database Coordinator, clerical interns and volunteers
• Provides oversight of clerical functions for all the programs
• Provides administrative support to the Director and the program supervisors
• Develops a working knowledge and ability to cover, as the backup person, the positions she/he supervises
• Plans for and/or provides phone and front desk coverage as needed
• Works with the Programs Administrator and the Leadership Team to develop effective office systems, forms, record keeping, etc.
• Responsible for managing/overseeing client Medical Records
• Coordinates ordering and tracking of office supplies and equipment
• Attends meetings and produces and maintains meeting minutes, as needed
• Coordinates and oversees ordering of office supplies and equipment, maintains and distributes central supply inventory
• Develops and maintains vendor contracts; monitors compliance with State licensing requirements
• All other reasonably related duties as assigned
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
• Office management
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Must demonstrate initiative and flexibility
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to reach, bend and walk.
• Five finger manipulation.
• Ability to comprehend complex materials.
• Ability to speak English clearly.
+ Competitive salary & benefits
+ Choice of medical plans plus dental and vision
+ Flexible spending account
+ Life insurance
+ Personal days
+ Sick time
+ Paid holidays
+ 403(b) retirement plan
+ Annual Holiday Party
Send a covering letter and resume, positively demonstrating your ability in relation to this position, referring to your previous academic, professional, voluntary and personal experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position title in the subject line and indicate from which website or source you learned about this position.
Alternately, you may send your application to Institute on Aging, 3330 Geary Blvd., 2nd Floor West, San Francisco, CA 94118, to the attention of Human Resources or fax your application to 415-750-4127.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Institute on Aging, 3330 Geary Blvd., 2nd Floor West, San Francisco, CA 94118. To the attention of Human Resources or fax your application to 415-750-4127