POSITION TYPE: JN1084 CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
SALARY: $30,000 annually, Full-time
TO APPLY: These are special San Francisco County Stimulus Program jobs, Job Seekers must be eligible for ARRA Stimulus Funding to apply. If interested please call 1(877) JOB1-NOW 1(877) 562-1669 to see if you are eligible.
Deadline Friday, September 25 or Until Position is filled
Our company provides a range of services to physically and mentally challenged families and individuals living at Bayview Commons Apartment. We are dedicated to the health, education and well being of all the residence of Bayview Commons, both children and adults. We provide private CASE MANAGEMENT counseling, specialized therapeutic programming, after-school tutoring, life-skill workshops, personal development opportunities, and other private supportive services.
The Case Management office provides supportive services to adults, youth, and support group team participants: performs intakes, case management, short/and/long term goal planning, substance abuse (harm reduction modeling), behavior modification assessment, reunification, and provides healthier living support services to encourage self-sufficiency outcomes.
This office clerk staff person is supervised by the Supportive Service Coordinator and Case Management Counselor. The responsibilities of the Supportive Services Assistant include the following:
• Punctual and takes pride in maintaining consistent “professionalism”
• Filing of critical documents in client files
• Making telephone calls to confirm appointments
• Assist with developing life skill workshop materials with staff
• Create event flyers
• Take critical notes during scheduled meetings
• When necessary and appropriate, attend various trainings sessions for professional enhancement
• Internet Research projects for supportive services referral requests
• Other relevant clerical duties as assigned
• This employment position requires (two years minimum) of on the job experience: filing management, basic computer skills that include Flyer Creation abilities. (Internet Research skills are very beneficial).
• Ability to manage (confidential) paperwork and maintain confidentiality of employer, staff and clientele is a critical requirement.
• Good listening, verbal and writing communication skills are necessary to meet the requirements.
• Two years or more of Clerical, and/or Administrative Assistant and/or Secretarial hands on work experience
• Ability to follow instructions of management staff and understands what “team work” means
• Experience working with diverse communities, and must have respect for cultural differences
• Has the ability to perform work assignments with minimum supervision when warranted