We are looking for an HR Professional Change Agent!
The Job: Human Resource Manager
The Organization: The Marin Senior Coordinating Council, better known as the Whistlestop, with offices located in San Rafael, CA, helps Marin County’s older adults and disabled individuals live active and healthy independent lives by providing transportation, nutrition, and multicultural programs in a community based setting. For more information on the organization visit our web site at www.thewhistlestop.org.
The Opportunity: Reporting to the Executive Director, and in partnership with the management team, the HR Manager serves as the head of Human Resources for this 85-person 55-year old nonprofit agency. The position manages all aspects of HR, including employee relations, compensation/benefits administration, recruiting, staffing, retention and training/development.
The HR manager ensures that Whistlestop provides a safe, productive, enjoyable work environment for its employees and volunteers. He/She maintains current knowledge of employment law and ensures that Whistlestop complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations relative to personnel, pay and benefits, and overall administration.
The HR Manager serves as a resource and provides guidance to managers and supervisors in all aspects of human resources management. He/She effectively utilizes services of outside vendors, such as payroll service and insurance providers, and consultants, such as human resources and training professionals, to provide training, administrative and information services. This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
The Human Resources function for Whistlestop is critical to its success. Any organization with a majority of non-exempt staff, particularly when the staff is not functioning in a centralized location, needs thoughtful, effective and fully implemented human resources policies and procedures. Given the cost of recruiting and training a new driver, special attention should be paid to ensuring that the Whistlestop Paratransit program uses best practices for its field in hiring, supervision and retention.
The Candidate Requirements/Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree, plus five or more years of professional human resources experience, with a minimum of two years in employee relations within a predominately non-exempt staff population.
• An excellent problem solver and decision maker.
• Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to convey complex administrative concepts to a diverse range of staff.
• Highly focused and organized, capable of integrating multiple programs, systems and human resources toward a common goal.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate within the organization and with external stakeholders and vendors.
• Ability to analyze systems and processes and implement changes in operating procedures.
• Quick and clear-thinking, calm under pressure, tactful and positive.
• Demonstrated ability to strictly preserve confidential information.
• Ability to motivate, influence and obtain cooperation of others.
The Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Work hours are Full-time (40 hours); Exempt position; Benefits include Medical (Kaiser), Dental, Life, 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% employer match, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter with salary history to
Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org, please note “HR Manager Position” in the subject line of your e-mail.
NO PHONE CALL, DROP INS or RECRUITERS, PLEASE.
An Equal Opportunity Employer