The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers seeks to hire an AT Logistics Coordinator. The responsibilities of this position include: organizing logistics for all AT Network meetings and trainings; coordinating accommodation requests including alternative formatting, interpreters, physical access and personal attendants; tracking registration of AT Network events; providing other logistical support for AT Network staff. This full-time position is based in Sacramento.
Open for Recruitment: Open until filled.
Salary Range: $32,000 – $36,000
For more information, see the AT Logistics Coordinator job description below.
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
AT LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The AT Network is a project that promotes the use of assistive technology throughout the state of California. Assistive Technology (AT) devices help people with disabilities perform activities of daily living that may otherwise be difficult or impossible to perform. Examples of AT include: ramps, canes, reaching tools, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices, screen reading software and modified vehicles.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the AT Program Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating all AT Network training, presentation and meeting logistics such as transportation, rental of audio equipment, ASL and language interpreters, assistive listening devices, captioning services, meeting materials with language translation and alternate formats.
• Coordinate logistics for all AT Network teleconferencing, web and in-person trainings, conferences and meetings;
• Track registration of AT Network events and coordinate reimbursements;
• Coordinate accommodation requests including alternative formatting, interpreters, physical access and personal attendants;
• Negotiate and coordinate meeting venues for all AT Network events as well as arrange for transportation, equipment and accessible travel;
• High-level use of computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access;
• Answer AT Network phone calls;
• Assist with the AT Network Information and Referral service satisfaction survey distribution and collection;
• Assist with the addition, update and verification of information in the Assistive Technology Services Directory;
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Two years of college in social sciences or related field OR two years of work experience in a disability-serving organization;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel required;
• Ability to operate in an electronic (computer-based) office environment;
• Ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide variety of vendors and state entities;
• Ability to communicate effectively with members of the AT Network, allies and community members;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands;
• Ability to plan and provide information about logistics to AT Network members, allies and community members;
• Ability to multitask;
• Must be extremely organized;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Experience working with people with disabilities.
• Familiarity with disability issues regarding accommodations.
• Knowledge of concepts and philosophy of independent living and consumer empowerment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send by email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Please title the email subject line: AT Logistics Coordinator
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.