The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant. This full-time position is based in Sacramento, California. The responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include: performing word processing and data entry; answering the telephone; assisting with bookkeeping duties including data entry, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Open for Recruitment: Open until filled.
Salary Range: $29,000 – $34,000
For more information, see the Administrative Assistant job description below.
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Administrative and Accounting Director, the Administrative Assistant assists all CFILC staff to complete projects requiring administrative support. Some travel required.
• Answer telephone, schedule teleconferences, and send/receive faxes;
• Maintain office supplies and conference room;
• Perform word processing and data entry;
• Schedule meetings and conferences for staff;
• Arrange transportation and lodging as needed;
• Take meeting minutes as needed;
• Assist with bookkeeping duties including data entry, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable;
• Maintain contact lists for CFILC members and staff;
• Provide administrative support for all staff as needed (e.g., transcribing from dictation, transferring documents to alternate formats, pulling files, etc.);
• Operate and maintain office machines such as computer, printers, photocopier, fax, TTY, postage machine and multi-line phone system;
• Prepare and track all mailings (USPS, UPS, FedEx);
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Three years experience in a responsible administrative assistant position;
• Ability to type 40 wpm;
• Ability to operate in an electronic (computer-based) office environment;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Ability to multitask;
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all callers, visitors, and staff;
• Ability to produce minutes and proofread documents before distribution;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Experience working with people with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send by email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title the email subject line: Administrative Assistant
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.