Accessibility Testing Contractor Job Posting
Job Title: Accessibility Testing Contractor
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Company Name: Oracle
Organization Name: Applications User Experience
Duration: Approximately 6 months part-time, start date to be determined
Contact: Send your resume to Amy Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brief Description: The Accessibility Testing Contractor will be responsible for testing tasks and flows within applications using a screen reader and documenting issues.
Detailed Description: As a contractor for the Applications User Experience team at Oracle, the Accessibility Testing Contractor will perform testing on various applications using a screen reader. The testing process will include testing key flows and tasks on various applications. Testing will occur alongside a usability engineer or other product representative. Find and document issues. May assist in providing input in design considerations. Oracle applications are highly interactive, enterprise-class applications. The Accessibility Testing Contractor must have a strong understanding of all JAWS HTML commands, as well as applicable accessibility features of their browser and operating system. A good grasp of the various modes and cursors of JAWS is essential.
• Expert user of JAWS screen reader. Experience with JAWS 8 and 10 preferred.
• Expert knowledge of JAWS commands, such as: Tabbed Browsing, Links, Headings, Forms, Tables, Frames, and Elements.
• Knowledge of advanced JAWS features is a plus.
• Familiarity with Section 508, W3C WCAG 1.0 and 2.0.
• Experience using enterprise applications is a plus. Experience with functional areas, such as Financials, Human Resources, CRM, Supply Chain, or Projects is a plus.