About the Organization: Community Works (CW) engages youth and adults in arts and education programs that interrupt and heal the far reaching impact of incarceration and violence by empowering individuals, families and communities. For more information please visit our website: www.community-works-ca.org.
The Women Rising Case Manager, who reports to CW’s Youth Programs Manager, provides case management to previously incarcerated young women ages 18-25, engaging them in services that will increase their chances of living healthy productive life styles. The Women Rising Case Manager will receive bi-weekly case supervision from a clinical supervisor. The Women Rising program takes place at the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department’s Women’s Reentry Center.
Primary Job Duties:
Oversee a case load of young women ranging in ages 18-25 years. Related duties include:
• Maintain an intensive caseload of up 10 clients for a period 6-12 months through weekly meetings: monitoring participants’ progress in program; maintaining client case files; writing weekly case notes;
• Providing screening, assessments, intake, orientation, group, and individual counseling;
• Developing and implementing individual service/treatment plans;
• Facilitating a young adults group in San Francisco County Jail 8;
• Collaborating with adult probation officers assigned to the 18-25 year old case load;
• Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different community agencies;
• Making referrals to other community agencies;
• Assisting clients with academic achievement, housing, and employment;
• Conducting outreach at San Francisco County Jail 8;
• Facilitating a young adults support group at the Women’s Reentry Center.
• Collaborating with the Rising Voices Program Director who facilitates a theater program for 18-25 years old at the Women’s Reentry Center
• Bachelors degree in related field (education, social work, psychology, counseling, public administration) or a minimum of two full years in the social field.
• Extensive experience directing case management with clients related to developing a drug free- pro-social lifestyle
• Experience providing employment services, including vocational assessment, job counseling, development, placement and coaching.
• Teaching or counseling experience with offender/ex-offender populations; demonstrated ability in curriculum development and lesson planning.
• Knowledge of Bay Area labor market, employment community, and human service resources.
• Working knowledge of social justice and restorative justice principles.
• Excellent writing and oral communication with the ability to conduct outreach activities and develop and maintain effective community relationships.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated professionalism and excellent ability to work independently and a part of a team.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work with diverse populations. Aware and sensitive to gender, race, sexuality issues.
Salary: $40,000 a year, plus benefits
Please send resume and cover letter to Manijeh Fata, Youth Programs Manager via e-mail: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Community Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity.