LIGHTHOUSE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT:
Do you enjoy behind-the-scenes work that helps visionary executives at a remarkable organization invent its future? Are you attracted to work which helps thousands of people in the bay area and beyond? The LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to support our 115-year-old nonprofit as we grow and deepen our community involvement.
The LightHouse for the Blind is a storied organization now employing 120 staff with an annual budget of approximately $13 million. We’re looking for a person with great supporting skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence to serve our CEO and other Senior Directors in our management team. If you like working to schedule magic, can craft a deft bit of business correspondence and like to prepare minutes, notes and agendas, this could be a great fit. Our organization is unusually close and mission-driven. We strive to help transform the lives of blind people every day.
POSITION: Senior Executive Assistant (SEA)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/CEO
WC CLASS: Administrative
The Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) is a key position of the LightHouse senior executive team.
The SEA provides administrative support in central LightHouse areas – to the senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
Supporting the LightHouse CEO and senior directors includes daily communication, coordination and scheduling which enables leadership to lead an organization of 120 employees and a $13 million annual budget.
The Senior Executive Assistant is also the primary person responsible for managing all activities related to the LightHouse governing Board of Directors, including correspondence to and between board members, planning and coordinating board and committee meetings, and producing the minutes of the meetings.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
Provide executive administrative support to the CEO and Senior Directors.
- Keep CEOs daily calendar.
- Proof and prepare documents and correspondence.
- Read correspondence and other documents to CEO on request.
- Make business travel and hotel arrangements as needed.
- Supervise a second Executive Assistant.
- Attend all Board and committee meetings.
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute to members following the meeting.
- Keep calendar of meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees,
- Insure Board member information is kept current on agency website and in email distribution lists.
- Prepare and distribute other documents of interest to the board or its committees.
- Coordinate food and refreshments for board and committee meetings.
- Coordinate AV support, including remote attendance to meetings.
- Assist Board members with administrative support as requested.
- Process, as a member of the team, incoming and outgoing mail, including secure and confidential correspondence and financial instruments.
- Prepare and distribute the agenda for the weekly staff Directors meeting; take notes at the meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: 3-4 years of experience in either administrative support, communications, project coordination or related fields; some background in non-profit operations a plus.
- Personal: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High degree of emotional intelligence, tact and intuition. Detail-oriented. Must have strong interpersonal skills to relate to staff, Board, volunteers, blind/visually impaired community members and persons with varied backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Specific skills: Strong command of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Elegant writing for business correspondence.
- Familiarity with social media a plus.
- Valid California Driver’s License and willingness to drive occasionally.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or links to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. We look forward to hearing from you.