You are in the following section of the site:
Please note that items available online are continually being updated. You may wish to contact the LightHouse Information and Resource Center to ensure you have accessed the most recent version of a document. Resources are available at the LightHouse’s San Francisco office in alternative formats (large print, Braille or audio CD). Documents can be ordered at no charge by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific information, please review the following links and documents:
- Blindness and Vision Impairments in the Workplace and the ADA (DOC)
- Interviewing Tips (DOC)
- Networking (DOC)
- American Foundation for the Blind CareerConnect For jobseekers who wish to network with visually impaired professionals, and employers who wish to hire and accommodate visually impaired employees.
- Disability Benefits 101: Working with a Disability in California
- Department of Rehabilitation DOR helps Californians with disabilities obtain employment by providing vocational rehabilitation services, ADA technical assistance and training.
- Job Accommodations Network Information on job accommodations, self-employment and small-business opportunities.
- The 250% California Working Disabled Program Q & A Sheet Under this new Medi-Cal program, workers with disabilities, who earn less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, can buy into Medi-Cal with a monthly premium payment.
- Individual Development Account Q & A Sheet: A Guide for IDA Consumers with Disabilities Each time you add to your IDA savings account, you receive an additional deposit, a match, that is usually one to four times the size of each deposit you make.
- Reporting Changes in Employee Earned Income to Social Security Tips on how to report your wages, keep records and predict how your income will affect your SSI.