REPORTS TO: Director of HR & Facilities
WC CLASS: Clerical
JOB PURPOSE: Consistently represent LightHouse in a professional, friendly, calm and courteous manner in all public interactions, via telephone and in-person exchanges involving staff and visitors alike. This is primarily done by answering, correctly identifying and directing incoming telephone calls; also greeting, directing and logging LightHouse visitors and volunteers. This position is also primary in administering the needs and requirements of the Taxi Voucher program and its client base according to program, budgetary and grant guidelines. This 25-hours weekly position may sometimes require flexibility.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES:
As employees, we should:
- Read, understand, and adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Conduct ourselves in a professional manner on and off the job, knowing that we are representatives of LightHouse.
- Perform all job responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward everyone.
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with our supervisors, and colleagues within our own departments.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to prioritize our assignments.
- Consistently report to work on time, and be ready to begin performing our assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work productively.
- Continue to learn and communicate a blindness-positive philosophy based on best current practices in the field.
Experience: One year experience using multi-line telephone system preferred.
Skills: Excellent attendance and punctuality required. Good written and oral English skills; bilingual or multilingual ability a plus. Experience in using a computer to perform administrative tasks. Proficiency in MS Office Suite – primarily Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to lift or otherwise transport 25lbs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Other: Courteous, friendly, and professional telephone manner. Able to manage a busy front desk area with calm professionalism. Knowledge of and ability to perform common reception and clerical duties. The Receptionist administers and coordinates the Agency’s Taxi Voucher program(s). As time allows Reception provides clerical support to others.
- Answering incoming calls professionally and transferring to appropriate extensions.
- Monitoring the front door, greeting visitors in a consistently warm and professional manner and announcing them to staff as needed.
- Liaising with the Information & Referral department to dispense accurate information as directed.
- Maintaining and updating the Staff Directory and all Sign-in sheets.
- Directing visitors to their destination within the building.
- Maintaining calendars for daily room reservations, appointments and equipment usage .
- Calling taxis and other transportation services (such as Paratransit) as requested.
- Administering and reporting on Taxi Voucher program requirements as directed by funders, their grants, and LightHouse management.
- Being familiar with Officer of the Day and Manager of the Day schedules, so as to escalate matters appropriately when needed.
- Accepting and logging packages, and informing staff of same.
- Alerting the Facilities Director to chronic safety or health hazards.
- Proactively coordinate Reception and taxi voucher duties with other Reception staff and relief personnel.
- Train and supervise relief staff in accordance with current program guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply please submit a résumé in Word format to email@example.com; thank you.