November 2-5, 2017 (All day)
This weekend of advocacy and empowerment will find students at the 2017 National Federation of the Blind of California State Convention. “No Boundaries: Release What Holds You Back” is this year’s convention theme and perfectly complements the weekend’s objectives of advocacy and empowerment.
Objectives and Goals
- Network and socialize with students and professionals that are blind or have low vision from all around California.
- Experience the convention exhibit hall full of accessible technology vendors.
- Attend the California Association of Blind Students annual business meeting and learn about important issues facing students that are blind or have low vision.
- Practice public speaking and interpersonal skills by volunteering as ushers/martials to
- Fulfill the workshop’s main goal of finding/interacting/interviewing a blind/low vision mentor.
By the end of the weekend, students will have accumulated enough information to complete a short writing assignment about advocacy and empowerment.
If you are interested in participating in either of these workshops, please contact your Department of Rehabilitation counselor to discuss workshop attendance and authorization. If you have questions or would like additional information about the October or November YES workshops, please contact Jamey Gump, Youth Program Coordinator, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 415-694-7372. Each workshop costs $950 to attend.
Please note: The October and November YES workshops are limited to 15 students and does not include an option for Saturday only students.