POSITION: Executive Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Executive Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant (EAA) provides administrative and accessibility support to LightHouse senior directors and managers, as many LightHouse directors and supervisors are blind and visually-impaired. The primary purpose of this position is to provide visual access, computer support and other administrative functions that remove barriers to accessibility.
This position also assists the Senior Executive Assistant in performing duties related to supporting the LightHouse Board of Directors, correspondence, mail processing and executive event operations.
Education or equivalent: A college degree with concentration in English, Liberal Arts or Communications a plus.
Experience: At least two years experience in an administrative support position, or related field. A background in non-profits is desirable.
Other: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexible, detail-oriented. Ability to manage multiple projects with precision and a high degree of organization. Must have strong interpersonal skills to relate to staff, board members, volunteers, and students with disabilities. Strong ability to use Microsoft Office suite – particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong familiarity with social media a plus. Must have valid California Driver License and be willing to drive as part of this position.
Able to carry or transport 20 lbs., sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time, operate standard office equipment and travel independently.
- Prepare correspondence for CEO and LightHouse directors as assigned, including writing letters, reports and minutes, formatting, mailing, printing and producing in alternative media.
- Proof and prepare documents and correspondence.
- Assist blind and low-vision employees with rapid completion of paperwork, purchases, authorizations and other paper-based and/or inaccessible online operations as directed.
- Assist with sorting and logging of mail for blind and low-vision LightHouse directors.
- Assist blind and low-vision employees to complete inaccessible documents such as timesheets, purchase orders, receipt back-ups and other access issues.
- Assist team in processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned by the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Provide reader/driver services for blind and low-vision members of the LightHouse executive team.
- Provide executive administrative support to the CEO and senior directors.
- Make business travel and hotel arrangements, as directed by the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thank you for your understanding.