POSITION: Events Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
WC CLASS: Clerical
Founded in San Francisco in 1902, the LightHouse’s purpose is to promote the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or visually impaired. The LightHouse is currently in a period of growth, increasing our capacity to serve more low-vision and blind clients. We seek a dynamic professional to help us grow our individual and institutional support.
This is a 32 hour/week position, with primary duties in the following areas: Event coordination for general public facing LightHouse events and other development duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor or graduate degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in non-profit fundraising, event coordination and/or public relations. Familiarity with blindness and/or broader disability issues is a plus.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working efficiently and calmly under pressure. Quick effective problem solving. Highly organized with capability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines with minimal oversight. Superior ability to network and liaise between multiple parties simultaneously. Strong written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to negotiate with venues and vendors to secure the best available event pricing and services.
Other: Personal initiative. Curiosity about people, a sense of humor and a strong team-oriented style. Enthusiasm for LightHouse services and the transformative effect we have on the lives of individuals who are blind or have low vision.
Able to sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time, operate standard office equipment, move 10 lbs independently, move quickly and efficiently around familiar and unfamiliar venues
- Coordinate all details of special events, including but not limited to: design of electronic and print invitations, volunteer management, securing sponsorships and event logistics.
- Assist with LightHouse internal staff events and programs.
- Develop and manage revenue and expense budgets for events.
- Organize and oversee event timelines, vendors, and venues.
- Frequent weekend and evening events.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Overseeing the activities of volunteers and vendors at events.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments must be formatted as Word Documents or accessible PDFs. No undescribed image files please.