Summer Search is a dynamic national non-profit organization that finds resilient low-income high school students and inspires them to become responsible and altruistic leaders by providing year-round mentoring, life-changing summer experiences, college advising, and a lasting support network.
Summer Search started in 1990 in San Francisco and currently operates in seven sites serving 700 students and 1,400 alumni nationally. By 2010, Summer Search will double in size to serve 1,400 high school students and 3,000 alumni. For more information about Summer Search visit our website at www.summersearch.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Associate works closely with students in an intensive mentoring capacity, assumes responsibility for significant program elements, and manages a variety of general administrative duties.
• Talking with and mentoring students on a weekly basis to build supportive, caring, and authentic relationships.
• Outreach to teachers, counselors, and other referral partners.
• Liaise with summer partners and place students with experiential education programs.
• Assist with data collection and documentation for an evaluation and outcomes measurement.
• Assist with event coordination.
• Assist with general administrative duties including answering phones, processing mail, routing information, and filing.
Summer Search is committed to creating an environment that is supportive of learning, growth and staff development. Our intense investment in staff includes:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Medical, dental, and vision plans
• 401 (K) Plan and employer matching program after 1 year of employment
• Paid holidays and vacation
• Commuter benefits
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least two years of work experience after college strongly preferred
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit team-oriented setting
• Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
• Strong command of Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with database operations
• Bi-lingual English-Spanish a plus
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter that answers the question, “Why are you applying to Summer Search?” To help you answer this question, please speak to the following: your track record of performance, your desire to learn, and your ability to overcome challenges. Whenever possible, your cover letter should focus on details that are not in your resume, so that we have a more complete picture of who you are. Please reference this website on your cover letter.
Send your application to:
Sarah Ham, Human Resources Manager
Fax: (415) 398-3310