POSITION: Assistant Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: Manager, LHI
WC CLASS: Warehouse
LightHouse Industries is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to assist with activities in our San Leandro warehouse. This position assists the Plant Manager in daily operations, coordinates projects and performs a variety of duties as needed.
Education or equivalent: High school diploma; trade school helpful.
Experience: A background in manufacturing, maintenance, production or business administration helpful. Some packaging experience a plus. Must be computer-literate and able to use Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook and Excel. Able to evaluate safety risks and protocols to ensure the welfare of all warehouse staff.
Other: Able to work with little supervision. Familiarity with assistive technology is very helpful. Punctuality and good attendance is essential.
- Ability to move and transport up to 35 pounds regularly, with occasional lifting up to approximately 50 pounds, may be required.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing or walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Ability to safely and properly use machinery and other equipment.
- Solid physical endurance sufficient for occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work in varying environmental conditions, as some labor may be performed out of doors.
- Answer phones, forwarding calls and messages as needed.
- Keep detailed call log.
- Follow up on shipping and receiving schedules, making certain they are met.
- Input all necessary information into computer systems on a daily basis.
- Rework inspection, sorting good packets from defective packets.
- New projects point-person, performing analyses of costs and procedures.
- Manager of the Day (MOD) when Plant Manager is out of the office.
- Coordinate production, warehouse, maintenance and rework activities if needed, as MOD.
- Meet daily / weekly production schedule quotas as MOD.
- Assign needed labor and duties, as MOD.
- Work in production or other warehouse areas when needed.
- Maintain “Good Housekeeping” procedures.
- Record Safety Meeting minutes; also run and document drills.
- Function as the on-site safety liaison for the home office.
- Report all accidents or safety concerns to the Plant Manager or HR Department immediately.
- Display “Good Manufacturing Practices”.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. Please include a link to any relevant clips or portfolio pieces. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest; thanks for your understanding.