POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Executive Assistant
The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides administrative and accessibility support to LightHouse senior directors and managers, as many LightHouse directors and supervisors are blind and visually-impaired. The primary purpose of this position is to provide visual access, computer support and other administrative functions that remove barriers to accessibility.
This position also assists the Senior Executive Assistant in performing duties related to supporting the LightHouse Board of Directors, correspondence, mail processing and executive event operations.
Education or equivalent: A college degree with concentration in English, Liberal Arts, or Communications is a plus.
• At least two years’ experience in an administrative support position, or related field. A background in non-profits is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexible, detail-oriented.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence to relate to staff, board members, volunteers, and students with disabilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with precision and a high degree of organization.
• Ability to read English aloud in a clear and rapid manner is highly desirable. This position will often assist blind employees through reading visual materials.
• Very strong Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must have valid California Driver License and be willing to occasionally drive as part of this position.
• Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus.
• Strong familiarity with social media is a plus.
Able to carry or transport 20 lbs.; sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; travel independently.
• Provide administrative support to Lighthouse directors who are blind or have low vision.
• Prepare, edit and proof correspondence for LightHouse directors as assigned, including writing letters, reports and minutes of meeting; formatting, mailing, printing and producing in alternative media.
• Assist blind and low-vision employees with rapid completion of paperwork, purchases, authorizations and other paper-based tasks.
• Provide inaccessible online assistance, as directed, to complete documents such as timesheets, purchase orders and receipt back-ups for expense reporting.
• Assist team in processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Input student intake information into online database.
• Provide reader services for blind and low-vision members of the LightHouse executive team.
• Make business travel and hotel arrangements, as directed by the Senior Executive Assistant.
• Perform other clerical duties as assigned by the Senior Executive Assistant.
• Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
1) Please submit a cover letter and resume as Word attachments (no PDFs please) to email@example.com.
2) Please include in your cover letter why your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this role.
3) Please include the job title “Administrative Assistant for Blind and Low Vision Professionals” in the subject line.
We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. We will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest.