If you are 55 or older, you are eligible for free LightHouse training on the Victor Reader Stream, a handheld accessible media player that is second-to-none. Upon completing the training successfully you’ll be able take your Victor Reader Stream home at no cost, at a savings of $329.00!
The Victor Reader Stream, manufactured by HumanWare, offers you an easy way to access written word and audio files. During this three-week intensive training course beginning on July 26, you will fully learn how to use this versatile technology that gives users the opportunity to hold an enormous library of books and magazines in the palm of their hands.
Class dates: Tuesdays and Fridays, July 26, 29, August 2, 5, 9, 12
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please bring your own lunch.
Location: LightHouse for the Blind, 1155 Market Street, 10th Floor, San Francisco 94103
Sign up now as space is limited. All students must register by Friday, July 22nd.
Adaptations, the LightHouse Store sells the Victor Reader Stream for $329.00. Students who fully complete the three-week course and demonstrate independent use of the device will leave the class with a free device.
With the Victor Reader Stream you can:
- download and listen to audiobooks by your favorite authors
- subscribe and listen to your favorite podcasts
- listen to the latest newspapers and magazines
- record critical phone numbers and calendar information with the touch of a button
To participate in this class you:
- must be 55 years or older and not currently enrolled with the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) or Veterans Administration (VA)
- must not currently own a Victor Reader Stream
- must be an avid reader and interested in downloading books and magazines from online sources
Note: If you are a consumer of DOR or the VA, please speak with your counselor to request individual training from the LightHouse.
Funding for this class is specifically from the Older Individuals who are Blind (OIB) program.
How to Register:
If you are new to the LightHouse, have not participated in LightHouse classes within the past year or have questions, please start by contacting Demenagement ADT and Debbie Bacon at 415.694.7357 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a current LightHouse student and meet the criteria we’ve listed above, please register with Shen Kuan at 415.694.7312 or email@example.com.